Paleo Breakfast Ideas: What You Could Do With Pancakes, Part 1
Have you noticed that Paleo breakfast ideas put all other breakfast ideas to shame? They look absolutely delicious, smell wonderfully good, and are packed with up to three times as many nutrients as traditional American diets.
Paleo Breakfast Ideas to Help you Eat Like the Rich
Paleo breakfast ideas are always so rich with color, too – and you may not have noticed but foods rich in color are the ones served in luxurious restaurants to the wealthy. When you eat them, you even feel like you’re as deserving as a king or queen.
There’s another big advantage of Paleo breakfast ideas: When you eat a Paleo breakfast, you feel satisfied for hours. You have no cravings. You get no headaches, no mood swings, no body aches and pains, no problems with focus and concentration, and no irritability or sleepiness. You’re on top of the world every minute of your morning when eating the Paleo diet.
It’s a great idea to brainstorm Paleo breakfast ideas with friends at least once a week. This way you can expand your recipe brain and wildly stimulate your own creativity in cooking. A new recipe idea is like a treasured jewel in the mind, shining brightly with inspirational sparks flying onto every other nutritional idea stored in your brain.
Let’s generate some new Paleo breakfast ideas about pancakes. Paleo pancakes use alternative flours that are not grains. Below are 5 ideas of how to change up your breakfast recipes with dozens of possible variations:
1. Forget the Flour Altogether and Use Eggs.
Traditionally we think of pancake ingredients as flour, milk, egg, leavening and a little flavoring such as vanilla or cinnamon. However, eggs are so versatile that you can bake them in such a way that they look like pancakes when they’re finished cooking. What type of Paleo breakfast ideas could you create with this idea? Maybe:
- Eggs, chicken, hot peppers, sweet potatoes, fennel, parsley
- Eggs, turkey, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, lemon grass, parsley
- Eggs, ground bison, okra, savory, cilantro, parsley
- Eggs, ground lamb, green onions, carrots, ginger, lemon
With these Paleo breakfast ideas, you almost have to ‘imagine’ the final product is a pancake. The egg pancakes may be cooked in a large pie pan, which will flatten out the final product to make it look like an exceptionally large pancake.
You could also still add traditional pancake toppings over these egg pancakes. Butter goes well with every one of them. Maple syrup drizzled on top adds additional flavor notes. Fruit spreads and fruit do the same. Don’t forget the bacon strips on the side!
2. Use Coconut Flour and/or Make Them Tropical.
Coconut flour pancakes generally are flatter than regular pancakes. However, they are so much richer in flavor. With coconut pancakes, you can experiment more with flavor bursts that are sure to wake you in the morning.
Here are some Paleo breakfast ideas for coconut pancakes:
- Coconut Flake Vanilla Pineapple (juice) Orange (segments) Coconut Flour Pancakes with Almond Butter and Fruit Preserves/Steak Strips
- Peppermint Chocolate Flaxseed Coconut Flour Pancakes with Almond Butter, Butter and Bacon.
- Coconut Cashew Raspberry Citrus Pancakes with Almond Butter, Bacon, and Scrambled Eggs
- Grass-fed Ground Beef Crushed Pineapple Coconut Flour Pancakes with Butter and Poached Eggs
Coming up in Paleo Breakfast Ideas: What You Could Do With Pancakes, Part 2:
How to include almond flour in your Paleo pancakes and other nut blends, how to use various herbs and spices in the pancakes, and how to add vegetables to them.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!